The VP Monthly #2: September 2018
We planned to post monthly updates roughly on the 15th of each month, but September is different for us — since we knew that we would be shipping the next Alpha release, we decided to hold off. And the Alpha v2 is now shipping, so let’s get right to it.
The team has been hard at work putting finishing touches on the Alpha v2 release, which is now available to our Alpha testers. The new features shipping with this version are:
- Short Deck Hold ’em: we have added support for this exciting new variant on Texas Hold ’em. Short Deck Hold ’em is played with a 36-card deck (the 2s, 3s, 4s and 5s have all been removed).
- Enhanced gameplay preferences: we have added the ability to sit out, and have added options to auto-muck losing hands.
- Hand Result Display: the results of the prior hand are displayed on the felt before the next hand is dealt.
- View folded cards: once you fold, your folded cards are available to view until the end of the hand. Just drift the mouse over the player pod (your seat).
- We finalized the winners of the Piece of Ivey Sweepstakes and awarded over $34,000 in prizes.
- The Marketing team developed some exciting promotions for our Alpha v2 testers. The promotions all center around the testing process, and will include over 60 ETH in prizes. A full description of the Alpha incentives is available here.
The Development team added two new members, bringing our total team size to 18. Javier del Saz joins us from Playtech, one of the world’s foremost online gaming companies, as a full stack engineer. Duarte Pina comes to Virtue Poker from William Hill, an industry leader in both online and live gaming, as Senior QA Engineer.
We have moved forward with the incorporation process in Malta. We now expect this process to be complete sometime in October.
We continue to assemble the materials we need to begin applying for gaming licenses. Once the incorporation process is complete, we will begin the application process. We are consulting with our gaming counsel to determine to which jurisdictions we will apply first.